Sunday, November 4, 2007
Civil Action
I thought this film was well crafted and written beautifully. It was made to show the mentallity of law firms and why they are really there. They are not, like most people think, there to support the people and their problems but they are their so that the people that work in them can make a living. Their main purpose is making profit and this is portrayed through the opening minutes of the movie. When Travolta starts to acually make decisions based on the outcome of the trial, is when everything starts to fall apart. They run out of money and start losing the jurys opinion. It was made so that it can show why law firms only are based upon money and not morals, because if they really cared about the plaintif they would surly lose most of their cases. They would always be wanting more money for their clients and would never come to a settlement. The movie wonderfully shows the relationship between law firms and their clients and why they must be this way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I feel that your opinion on this movie is the same as mine in that all the lawyors want is more money and they will be as selfish as they want to get more. Also i think that John Travolta learned to be more humble in what he stands up for and fights for the right purpose.
creative and resourceful insight of the movie you have. I agree with gitzgang also, I think Travolta's character went through a massive change and became more huble, also caring more about others than himself.
I agree with you how the the prosecuters only cared about making money. They didn't even want to have the case because they were worried about losing money. Even in the end when they somewhat had a change of heart they still just gave the families money when all they wanted was a simple apology.
I think that your post about A Civil Action is nice. I agree with how you thought John Travolta was selfish because he is.
you need to post about your thesis stuff....cause i need to comment on them
Post a Comment